Was this page helpful?
Thank you!

Comments or suggestions?

Enter Email Address (optional)

Correct an underpayment to an employee

If you have underpaid gross wages to an employee, you can create an unscheduled payroll check for the difference.

Alternatively, you can add the difference to the employee's next scheduled paycheck.

To do this task

  1. Set up a payroll addition item called "Underpayment" with the tax tracking type "Compensation."

  2. On your next scheduled payroll, create the scheduled paychecks, adding this new payroll item to the underpaid employee's paycheck.

    The additional payroll item increases the employee's taxable wages, and the employee's pay stub and your reports reflect both the regular wages and the "catch-up" amount.

11/22/2017 8:30:23 AM
PPRDQSSWS902 9142 Pro 2018 3ddeb0