Was this page helpful?
Thank you!

Comments or suggestions?

Enter Email Address (optional)

Correct an overpayment to an employee

If you have overpaid gross wages to an employee, you can recoup the overage on your next payroll run instead of voiding the check.

To do this task

  1. Set up a payroll deduction item called "Overpayment" with the tax tracking type "Compensation."

  2. On your next scheduled payroll, create the scheduled paychecks, adding this new deduction item to the overpaid employee's paycheck.

    The deduction item reduces the taxable gross wages by the overpaid amount, and the adjustment is reflected on both the employee's pay stub and your reports.

12/10/2017 8:05:55 PM
PPRDQSSWS804 9142 Pro 2018 eea660