Was this page helpful?
Thank you!

Comments or suggestions?

Enter Email Address (optional)

Paying a sales representative who is not on your payroll

If the sales representative is on your payroll, do not add this person to the Vendor or Other Names list. Instead, add the sales representative as an employee and pay the commission with a paycheck rather than a regular check.

If a sales representative is not on your payroll

  1. Add the person to your Vendor list as a 1099 vendor.

    Note: You can also add sales representatives to the Other Names list, then add them to the Sales Rep list.

  2. Add the person to your Sales Rep list.

  3. Write a regular check to the name on the Vendor list. This way, you can track nonemployee compensation and report it on Form 1099-MISC.

See also

12/10/2017 5:48:13 PM
PPRDQSSWS801 9142 Pro 2018 5af8bb