When running the Verify Data utility or the Rebuild Data utility, QuickBooks Desktop pops the error:
A damaged inventory item can cause this error.
1. Review the Inventory Valuation Summary for each "V=" number in each occurrence of the error:
2. Before proceeding, preserved your data by backing up and/or copying your company data file. Do not overwrite any previous backups or copies. In the Menu Bar, select File. Then select the appropriate menu entry and follow the wizard that opens.
3. Identify the damaged list item by export the Item list to Microsoft Excel:
4. Locate and repair the damaged Item list:
5. Run the Verify Data utility to confirm that no more problems are detected: