View full article
Process an E-Check payment in a Sales Receipt or Receive Payment within QuickBooks 2013 and later.
A Sales Receipt is used when there is no existing invoice for the customer in QuickBooks 2013 and later and you do not want to create one.
1. From the home screen of QuickBooks, select the Create Sale Receipts icon.
2. Add or select a customer or job from the Customer:Job menu.
3. Enter the Item, Description, Quantity, Rate, and Amount accordingly.
4. In Payment Method, select E-Check.
Note: The Check No. field is optional, as an E-Check payment is processed without using check numbers.
5. Check the Process E-Check payment when saving box.
6. Click Save & Close.
7. Enter the required payment information:
8. Click Submit.
Receive Payment is used when you want to apply a payment to a customer's open invoice in QuickBooks 2013 and later.
1. From the home screen of QuickBooks, select the Receive Payments icon.
2. Add or select the customer in the Received From menu.
3. Enter the amount in the Amount field.
4. Select E-Check in Payment Method.
5. The Reference field is optional.
6. Select the box Process E-Check payment when saving.
7. Click Save & Close.
8. Enter the required payment information:
9. Click Submit.