Obtaining an authorization only, in a supported version of QuickBooks, to be captured at a later date.
Authorizations generate a pending transaction on the card holder's account. They generally expire within 1-10 business days but may appear on their account much longer, depending on the card issuing bank's specifications.
IMPORTANT: Any authorizations over 10 days old are considered expired and will need to be re-authorized to ensure proper funding.
1. Open the QuickBooks company file that is linked to your QuickBooks Merchant services.
2. From the top of the screen, select the Customers drop-down.
3. Click the Credit Card Processing Activities option.
4. Then select Authorize/Capture Payments to display the authorization window.
5. Enter the payment information and click Save to complete the authorization.
6. The transaction will not be completed until the Authorization is captured in QuickBooks.