When QuickBooks processes credit card transactions, it makes a secure Internet connection to our systems.
There is a QuickBooks setting that controls whether or not QuickBooks automatically logs in to websites or requires a username/password (ie our merchant services).
Follow the steps below to modify these settings
IMPORTANT: The QuickBooks company file must be in single user mode to make the changes listed.
1. Log in to the QuickBooks company file that needs these settings modified.
2. Go to the Edit drop-down and select Preferences.
3. A pop-up window then appears. Select Service Connection from the options in the left menu.
4. Then click on the Company Preferences tab.
5. Activate the appropriate radio button for one for the two options provided
6. Click the OK button to complete and save the changes.