When connecting to the internet, the browser will store temporary web page data in certain locations.
This data needs to be cleared at times to prevent slow operation or interference from the stored data.
Intuit merchant products and services are designed for use with Internet Explorer.
The following information applies to Internet Explorer. If a merchant is using another browser and they are experiencing a problem, they will need to switch to Internet Explorer.
The merchant will need to contact the other browser's manufacturer for support with that product if needed.
NOTE: QuickBooks will always launch the installed version of Internet Explorer regardless of the default browser settings.
If a problem occurs in Internet Explorer and does not occur in other browsers, the browser may need to be reset to factory settings or may need to be repaired.
There are five key items that should be cleared from the Internet Explorer cache:
Clearing the Cookies and Temporary Files
1. Go to the Tools drop-down or icon.
2. Click on Internet Options. (or press [CTRL] [SHIFT] [DEL] while in the browser.)
3. Under the General tab (default) go to the Browsing History section and click on the Delete button.
4. Check the boxes for Temporary Internet Files, Cookies and Form Data then click the Delete button to clear those items.
NOTE: If the Temporary Internet files have not been deleted recently, this could take several minutes.
IMPORTANT: Be sure the Preserve Favorites website data is UNCHECKED; otherwise, the problematic data will remain.
Clearing the SSL State
2. Click on Internet Options.
3. Select the Content tab.
4. Click on the Clear SSL State button.
5. Click OK at the confirmation window to complete.