Was this page helpful?
Thank you!

Comments or suggestions?

Enter Email Address (optional)

Reverse year-end journal entry (GJE) to A/R or A/P

You entered a GJE at year-end to correct the A/R or A/P balance but this GJE is causing a balance or an incorrect balance to appear in the reports for the new year.

Detailed instructions

When you enter an adjusting entry for the end of the year (or any accounting period), you may need to reverse that entry in the following year (or period), based on the purpose of the original adjusting entry.

  1. From the Accountant or Company menu, click Make General Journal Entries.
  2. Click back button until you have the adjusting GJE on the screen.
  3. Click the Main tab at the top of the form.
  4. Click Reverse. Adjust the date, if necessary.
  5. Click Save & Close.

Note: If you are using Premier Accountant or Enterprise Solutions Accountant, the reversing entry is automatically created when you enter an adjusting entry. The reversing entry will be dated the first day of the next month.

KB ID# HOW12516
10/26/2016 12:35:33 AM
PPRDQSSWS403 9138 Pro 2017 59bf8e